Treetops Executive Residences
Wi-Fi Terms and Conditions Of Use ( ‘Wi-Fi T&Cs’ )
Last update as of 1 October 2014
These general Wi-Fi Terms & Conditions (‘Terms’ , ‘ Wi-Fi T&Cs” ) of Treetops Executive Residences (‘Treetops’) are applicable to the use of the system and network of Internet Wi-Fi Hotspot (“Wi-Fi System” , “Wi-Fi Network”, “Treetops Network” , ”WiFi Service” ) within Treetops Executive Residences (‘Treetops’).
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing and connecting to the Treetops Wi-Fi System, you represent that you have read, understand and agree to the Terms. If you do not agree to the Terms, you may not use the Treetops Wi-Fi Network.
Your electronic acceptance of the Agreement by log-in to the Treetops Wi-Fi System has the same effect as if you had actually signed the Agreement. The effective date of this Agreement is the date that you first access and/or connect to the Treetops Wi-Fi Network.
Treetops Wi-Fi Network:
1. These Terms are in particular applicable to use of the wireless internet services (in conformity with the Wi-Fi – wireless fidelity standard) within the Treetops Hotspots and the Treetops network.
2. Treetops makes use of the standard IEEE 802.11 b/g/or n (or any similar future technique that may deem appropriate to Treetops) protocol for Wi-Fi Service data traffic. Treetops does not engage in any kind of guarantee as to the availability and functionality of this Wi-Fi Service. By using the Treetops Wi-Fi Service the user agrees that Treetops cannot be held responsible for the data security, privacy, integrity and system security of the users system.
3. User is responsible for the security of its systems and the use of encryption technology when using email. In addition User is responsible for the use of correct settings and configuration of his/her own equipment.
4. The Treetops Wi-Fi Network is only available to residents of the Treetops Executive Residences.
5. Username and passwords provided to User remain the property of Treetops. User shall be responsible for safe-guarding their dedicated in-room username and passwords and will inform Treetops immediately if User becomes aware of abuse of its passwords and/or username by unauthorized parties. User remains responsible for any use of the Treetops Wi-Fi Network and their dedicated in-room username and passwords, even if such use is unauthorized or without knowledge of the User. Treetops reserves the right to change the username and passwords periodically for security purposes.
6. Treetops reserves the right to monitor use of its Wi-Fi Network, to avoid abuse.
7. User shall, when using the Treetops Wi-Fi Network, the Treetops website and related services refrain from the following:
a) distribution or facilitating spam;
b) hacking or otherwise disrupting the functionality of websites and services;
c) infringing the rights of third parties;
d) infringing the privacy of other users;
e) publishing and or distributing discriminatory and/or pornographic content;
f) conducting (or inciting others to conduct) any criminal activity or any other activity that contravenes public order or decency.
g) using the Wi-Fi System for high volume data transfers, especially sustained high volume data transfers, or hosting a web server etc.
8. In case of any infringements user will be solely responsible for legal proceedings that may occur as a result of any breach.
9. Treetops reserves the right to, in whole or in part, change, limit or discontinue the Treetops Wi-Fi Network, and or change its conditions and/or technology or make the service chargeable at the sole discretion of the Treetops Management.
10. The Wi-Fi system is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranties of any kind. Treetops does not warrant that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. Users expressly acknowledges that there are, and assumes all responsibility related to, the security, privacy and confidentiality risks inherent in wireless communications and technology and Treetops does not make any assurances or warranties relating to such risks. No advice or information given by Treetops or its representatives shall create a warranty.
11. Treetops reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to modify, amend or change without prior warning or notice, these Terms at any time as we deem appropriate by posting the changes on the Treetops Website (www.treetops.com.sg/wifi). Any modifications, amendments or variations shall be effective immediately upon posting to the Treetops Website. You are therefore advised to review these Terms and Conditions of Use regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. By continuing to use the Wi-Fi System after such postings, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications.
Limitation of Liability
12. Treetops, its employees, agents, vendors, and licensors are not liable for any costs or damages arising, either directly or indirectly, from your use of the Wi-Fi System or the internet, specifically including any direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, multiple, special, punitive or consequential damages.