Last update as of 16 May 2014
Your privacy is important to Treetops Executive Residences Singapore .We respect the privacy of all our customers and partners, and treat personal information provided to us as confidential. We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore and, use your personal data and information in order to fulfil our commitment to provide you with personalised services to create a memorable Treetops experience.
I understand and acknowledge that Treetops may be unable to provide products or services to me if I withhold or withdraw my consent for Treetops to collect, use or disclose my personal data for such purposes.
Collection of Personal Information
The term “personal data” in this Policy refers to personal information which is capable of identifying you as an individual. You can visit our website without providing any personal data or information. The collection and processing of personal data may be obligatory for purposes of providing you with our services.
Personal data may be supplied by you or collected from you as part of: (i) fulfilling reservations or requests for information or services, (ii) accommodating your personal preferences, (iii) purchasing our products or services, (iv) registering for our program memberships, newsletter and (v) facilitating communications.
Types of Personal Information Collected
The types of personal data that we process include:
- your personal details such as name, national identification number, age, sex, nationality, occupation, contact information, passport and visa information and other required information pursuant to local laws and regulations;
- guest stay information, including your previous stay history, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences, telephone numbers dialled, faxes and telephone messages received from third parties on behalf of guests/customers;
- your credit card details, company information, account details, profile or details and any frequent flyer or travel partner programme affiliation;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example, leisure, travel and guest preferences);
- your comments, reviews, feedback and/or opinions about our goods, services and/or staff;
- information such as videos and photographs collected through the use of closed circuit television systems, security systems; and event and activities photography and videography organised by Treetops, within and/or outside of premise of Treetops Executive Residences.
- information relating to the credit of customers.
How we use Personal Information
We may use and disclose relevant portions of your personal data and information in order to:
- process and/or confirm room and amenities arrangements and reservations;
- provide and charge for the room accommodations and other goods and services you purchase;
- provide privileges, benefits and services to you;
- provide you with a better, more personalised level of service;
- process and administer customer relationship management programmes (e.g in house printed circulars and/or invitations to update you on upcoming guest and local events, notifications and updates for in-house goods and services, E-mailers to update you on latest Treetops news and promotions etc.);
- fulfil goods and service obligations to you, or anyone involved in the process of making your travel, accommodation and other service arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organisers and your employer) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators, laundry service providers, baby-sitting services, airport transfers, and other similar programmes);
- provide customer relationship management ( e.g. sending you thank you emails after your stay)
- conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of guests and compliance with security standards;
- administer general record keeping and reporting;
- facilitate e-mail marketing and promotional purposes, including sending you promotional communications or special offers if you have consented to receive the same. Please see section “E-mail Marketing” below;
- facilitate matching for whatever purpose with other personal data;
- disclose the winner of contests and lucky draw competitions conducted by us or on our behalf;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosures of your Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose and transfer your personal data and information (whether within or outside of Singapore) to our service partners, travel-related companies (for example, airline companies, air-port transfer transportation companies and excursion tour companies), and business partners and third party data processors who provide administrative, telecommunications, payment or other services to Treetops to facilitate your requests or provide you with goods and services you require and for the purposes described under the section “How we use Personal Information”. The recipients of any such data are contractually prohibited from using personal data and information for any purpose other than for the purpose(s) Treetops specifies.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting, tax rules and regulations and any specific record retention laws. We may share aggregated demographic information with business partners, affiliates or other entities. This aggregate information is not linked or traceable to any personally identifiable information about you.
Except as described herein, we do not permit the sale or transfer of personally identifiable information to third parties.
We intend to use your personal information (including your name and email address) to send you marketing communications via email, containing news, lifestyle information such as health tips, latest promotions and events to be offered by us or by our business partners in relation.
We will not use your personal information for e-mail marketing without your consent. We will always ask for your consent before we use your personal information for e-mail marketing. You may opt-out from receiving e-mail marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications or contacting Treetops in accordance with the section “How to Access or Correct Personal Information”.
Centralised Processing of Personal Information
Like most international businesses, we have centralised certain aspects of our data processing activities, which in many instances will result in the transfer of your personal information from one country to another. For example, if you make a reservation and enquiry of stay at Treetops outside of Singapore, the personal data and information gathered in that process may be transferred to and be processed in Singapore or other jurisdictions. The jurisdictions where those data and information will be processed may or may not have laws that seek to preserve the privacy of personal data. Nevertheless, whenever your personal data is transferred within Treetops, your personal data will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy.
We retain the personal data collected for so long as may be necessary to fulfil the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the information was to be used.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorised access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
Children and Minors
At Treetops Executive Residences, we do not knowingly collect personal information nor solicit services or products to children or minors. As a parent or guardian, please do not allow your children (or any minor under your care) to submit any personal information to Treetops.
Anonymous Browsing on Treetops Website
Visitors to our website www.treetops.com.sg do so on an anonymous basis. We have not configured our website to collect any information from your computer without your input. This means that unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us with information, we will not know your identity, your email address, or any other information identifiable to you.
You may always choose what personal data and information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name).
We will abide by any request from you not to send you direct marketing materials. When such a request is received, your contact details will be “suppressed” rather than deleted. This will ensure that your request is recorded and retained unless you provide a later consent that overrides it.
How to Access or Correct Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access and make changes to any personal data relating to your profile held in our database. You should update the personal data held by us whenever there is a change. If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you would like to submit a request for access to or change of the personal data and information that we maintain about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer via the information indicated under the “Contact Us” section.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for the processing of any such access request, depending on the extent of personal data required. As indicated above, all requests for access to your personal information must be submitted in email or writing, using the contact details indicated under the “Contact Us” section.
When communicating your request, please be sure to include your full name, email and telephone number, and specify clearly the type of enquiry, the original source of data collection and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information, we may require to make that determination.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or any concerns with regard to the administration of the Policy, or if you would like to submit a request for access to the personal information that we maintain about you, and or to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing related information on services and promotions from Treetops, please contact us by any of the following means:
By E-mail to email@example.com
By mail to :
Treetops Executive Residences,
No. 7 Orange Grove Road,
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Data Security & Retention/Marcom
Treetops will take reasonable efforts to protect your personal data in our possession against unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification and disposal. We will retain your information for a reasonable period, until you request otherwise, and/or as long as the law requires.
Changes to the Policy
Links to Third Party Websites
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
This Policy and Agreement shall be governed by and be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore This Policy is written in the English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.